If you thought loaded nachos couldn’t be healthy, think again!
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush a sheet pan with oil.
2. Cut the potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Place them on the sheet pan; drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and toss to coat. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the sheet pan and bake until they are crisp, browned on the bottom, and release easily from the pan, about 25 minutes. Flip the potatoes and cook 8 minutes more.
3. While the potatoes cook, toss the beans in a medium-size bowl with the chili powder, granulated garlic, cumin, coriander, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Combine the tomato, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon of salt in a small bowl.
4. Use tongs to move the potatoes toward the center of the pan, fanning them out so they each overlap slightly. Top with the seasoned beans, then the Cheddar and Jack cheeses; return the pan to the oven, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
5. Use a large spatula to transfer to a large serving platter or individual plates and serve topped with the tomato mixture, avocado and, if desired, a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Excerpted from Whole in One: Complete, Healthy Meals in a Single Pot, Sheet Pan, or Skillet by Ellie Krieger. Copyright Ellie Krieger 2019. All rights reserved.
recipes by: ellie krieger recipe photos by: randi baird