These pizza bites are just as yummy as they are nutritious!
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and heat for about 1 minute. Add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and season with salt and black pepper. Cook until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes more.
3. Using two 12-cup mini-muffin tins, or making the pepperoni bites in one tin in two batches, press 1 pepperoni slice into each muffin cup, making sure to press the pepperoni slice into the bottom and up the sides to form a cup. It’s okay if the pepperoni slice overlaps itself a little bit. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the vegetable marinara into each pepperoni cup. Sprinkle with 1 heaping teaspoon of cheese per cup.
4. Bake until the cheese is melted and the edges of the pepperoni are crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring the pepperoni cups to a plate.
5. Sprinkle the basil over the pizza cups.
Excerpted from THE GOODFUL COOKBOOK. Copyright © 2019 by BuzzFeed, Inc. Excerpted by permission of Rodale, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.