Fresh berries are met with a scrumptious coconut topping!
1. Line the middle rack of the oven with a sheet of foil (to prevent any juices from dripping), then preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the berries in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle them with ¼ cup of the brown sugar, the cornstarch, and ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon, then toss gently to combine.
3. Put the oats, shredded coconut, flour, salt, and the remaining ¼ cup of brown sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon into a medium-size bowl and mix to combine. Add the coconut oil and use your fingers to work the mixture together so it is evenly coated.
4. Sprinkle the topping over the berries and bake until the berries are bubbling and the topping is crisp and nicely browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before serving in small bowls.
Tip: The crisp will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Excerpted from Whole in One: Complete, Healthy Meals in a Single Pot, Sheet Pan, or Skillet by Ellie Krieger. Copyright Ellie Krieger 2019. All rights reserved.
recipes by: ellie krieger recipe photos by: randi baird