Seafood is one of the healthiest dinners you can make, but fish is not always easy to get kids to eat. These “crab cakes” are actually made with salmon, for a healthier version of this classic favorite—with a side salad to bring it all together.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 20 min.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Mix together the salmon, corn, egg, 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, 6 tablespoons tartar sauce, roasted red peppers, parsley, lemon zest, and ¾ teaspoon Old Bay, in a bowl.
- Gently form into eight ¾-inch-thick patties, and freeze until just firm, about 5 minutes.
- For the dressing, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons tartar sauce, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of water, remaining ¼ teaspoon Old Bay, and pepper, to taste, in a large bowl.
- Put the remaining 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Press the salmon cakes in the breadcrumbs to coat both sides. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cakes are heated through, 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Add the greens to the bowl with the dressing, and toss. Serve the salmon cakes with the salad, more tartar sauce, and lemon wedges.
You may also like:
| Mar 16, 2020
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Aug 10, 2018
Exercising Before Breakfast: Fact or Myth?
| Apr 20, 2020
Things to Keep in Mind While Working from Home
| May 26, 2020
Alternatives to Soda That Will Curb Your Craving
| Mar 19, 2020
Use the Power of Positive Thinking to Improve Your Life
| Apr 7, 2020