You wont miss the buns with these Tex-Mex turkey burgers. Seasoned turkey burger patties are nestled in bibb lettuce leaves and topped with tomatoes, jalapeños, avocado, onions, and cilantro, then drizzled with a homemade tangy chipotle aioli.
Makes 4 large patties or 8 mini patties
Ingredients: For the burger patties
Ingredients: For the sauce
Ingredients: For the toppings
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, season ground turkey with cumin, chipotle peppers, salt, pepper, and garlic. Work seasoning into the turkey using your hands, and form even patties.
- Grill patties for 6–8 minutes, flipping halfway through or until cooked thoroughly. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolk, lime juice, dijon, salt, chipotle peppers, and chives. While whisking, pour in oil slowly and in a fine stream until sauce is slightly thick and blended. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Place patties on lettuce leaves, and top with tomatoes, jalapeños, avocado, red onion, and cilantro. Drizzle with sauce before serving.
Tip: Load your burgers with as many or as little toppings as you’d like! Pickled red onions and jalapeños add a nice twang.
You may also like:
| Mar 1, 2021
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Mar 19, 2020
Use the Power of Positive Thinking to Improve Your Life
| May 26, 2020
Alternatives to Soda That Will Curb Your Craving
| Apr 20, 2020
Things to Keep in Mind While Working from Home
| May 28, 2019
Small Changes That Can Make for a Happier Home
| Apr 7, 2020