This is a tasty and healthy twist on the classic meatloaf. Instead of ground beef we use ground chicken filled with fall harvest apples and a touch of Gorgonzola cheese. A lovely whiskey-spiked gravy tops it all off.
Ingredients: For the meatloaf
Ingredients: For the gravy
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine meatloaf ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with pan release spray, and fill with meatloaf mix, lightly pressing into the pan to remove any air pockets.
- Bake for 45–50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- While the meatloaf is resting, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour, creating a roux, and pour in whiskey. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking frequently, and add in chicken broth and salt. Bring to a simmer and once thickened add in sage.
- Slice, and serve meatloaf with gravy.
Tips: You can bake the meatloaf mix in muffin tins for individual servings, and freeze any leftovers for easy reheat meals. Bake mini meatloafs for 25–30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Head to starthealthy.com/food for more tasty recipes!