Sushi bowls are all the rage right now, but if you’re not into the raw fish, this vegan alternative from the sisters of Spork Foods is the perfect way to enjoy those same great flavors you crave!
Ingredients: For the mushrooms
Ingredients: For the creamy miso sauce
Ingredients: For the filling
- In a medium saucepan, add 3 cups water and rice and cook according to directions. When cooked, transfer rice into a large bowl. Incorporate vinegar, sugar, and sea salt into rice until slightly sticky. Let cool. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet and add oil. Add mushrooms, tamari, mirin, and rice vinegar and cook until mushrooms look golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add sesame oil. Set aside.
- For tofu, add grated beet and tofu to bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- For miso sauce, whisk miso, rice vinegar, sesame oil, vegan mayonnaise, sugar, sea salt, and almond milk until smooth. Place in squeeze bottle.
- Scoop desired amount of rice and small pile of each topping into a bowl, and drizzle with miso sauce. Serve warm.
© Spork Foods, 2019
Click here to learn more about Spork foods.
And for more healthy, vegan dinner ideas, visit starthealthy.com/food.
You may also like:
| Aug 10, 2018
Exercising Before Breakfast: Fact or Myth?
| Jun 28, 2018
7 Common Cardio Mistakes
| Sep 21, 2018
Winter Warmers: Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
| Aug 9, 2019
Salmon Cakes with Side Salad
| Sep 24, 2017
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Bowl
| May 24, 2018
Persian Herb and Leek Frittata
| Aug 21, 2018