These really unique and tasty Mediterranean-themed burger patties are filled with cumin seasoned eggplant, sautéed with onions, garlic, white beans, and bell peppers, and formed with hummus and bread crumbs.
Makes 4 large patties or 8 small patties
Ingredients: For the burgers
Ingredients: For the spread
Ingredients: For the toppings
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté eggplant, onion, garlic, peppers, pine nuts, and white beans, covered, for 7–8 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and cumin.
- Place eggplant mixture in a food processor with hummus, and pulse until smooth (with a couple chunks).
- Scrape into a large bowl, and fold in bread crumbs.
- Form mixture into even patties, and set aside or refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Cook patties in a 400°F oven for 20–25 minutes or in stove top in a pan, lightly oiled, for 10 minutes (flipping half way through).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together spread ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top burger buns with cooked patties, spread, and toppings before serving.
Tips: Make the patties and put them in individual zipper bags for a quick pull, thaw, and cook meal. They’ll keep for 2–3 months in the freezer.
You may also like:
| Aug 10, 2018
Exercising Before Breakfast: Fact or Myth?
| Jun 28, 2018
7 Common Cardio Mistakes
| Sep 21, 2018
Winter Warmers: Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
| Aug 9, 2019
Salmon Cakes with Side Salad
| Sep 24, 2017
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Bowl
| May 24, 2018
Persian Herb and Leek Frittata
| Nov 15, 2018