These tasty latkes are stuffed with a vegan cream cheese filling, studded with dried cranberries, sweet apples, horseradish, and dill—a wonderful holiday side dish or appetizer.
Makes 1 dozen latkes
Ingredients: For the latkes
For the stuffing:
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine grated potatoes, onion, mayonnaise, flour, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Form into patties, and carefully place in the hot oil. Cook latkes for 3–4 minutes, flipping once, or until golden brown and cooked. Remove from oil, and let drain on a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, fold together stuffing ingredients to form a thick creamy stuffing.
- Spoon stuffing onto a latke and top with another latke to create a sandwich. Repeat with the other latkes. Reheat stuffed latkes either in the hot pan or a warm over before serving.
Tip: The stuffing will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for easy plan ahead prep.
You may also like:
| Aug 10, 2018
Exercising Before Breakfast: Fact or Myth?
| Jun 28, 2018
7 Common Cardio Mistakes
| Sep 21, 2018
Winter Warmers: Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
| Aug 9, 2019
Salmon Cakes with Side Salad
| Sep 24, 2017
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Bowl
| Nov 15, 2018
Pastrami Pork Loin
| May 24, 2018