This whole grain Swiss roll is stuffed with a low fat almond butter cream and coated in chocolate ganache.
Ingredients for cake:
Ingredients for filling:
Ingredients for ganache:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, applesauce, sugar, and oil, forming a smooth batter.
- Grease a parchment-lined baking sheet with pan release spray, and pour in batter. Smooth to the edges, and tap down to release any air bubbles. Bake for 8–10 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven, dust a piece of parchment (approximately the same size as the baking sheet) with flour, and carefully invert the cake onto the floured parchment.
- Gently roll the cake into a cylinder (removing the parchment) and let cool.
- Mix filling ingredients in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until smooth. Unroll cake, and spread evenly with filling. Using the parchment like a sushi mat, carefully roll cake back into a cylinder, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the ganache, heat cream to a scald, and whisk into a medium bowl filled with chocolate chips until chocolate melts. Cut butter into small chunks, and whisk into chocolate creating a smooth sauce.
- Remove parchment from cake, place on a wire rack, and coat with chocolate ganache. Refrigerate cake for 2 hours or until chocolate hardens. Slice and serve.
You may also like:
| Mar 1, 2021
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Mar 19, 2020
Use the Power of Positive Thinking to Improve Your Life
| May 26, 2020
Alternatives to Soda That Will Curb Your Craving
| Apr 20, 2020
Things to Keep in Mind While Working from Home
| May 28, 2019
Small Changes That Can Make for a Happier Home
| Apr 7, 2020