Naturally sweetened with barley malt, these bites are perfect for a quick, nourishing snack.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 × 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cashews, pepitas, almonds, salt, barley syrup, and cereal. Thoroughly stir to ensure the syrup evenly coats everything.
3. Pour into the prepared pan. Lightly spray the outer bottom of a measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray. Using the measuring cup, press the mixture tightly into the pan and flatten the top.
4. Bake until aromatic and golden brown, and the edges appear set, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
5. When cool, run a paring knife around the edges of the pan. Place a cutting board on top of the pan and flip the pan over to release the nut mixture, then remove the parchment paper. Cut into 36 pieces: First cut six columns about 1½ inches wide, then cut each column into six squares, every ½ inch. Store in an airtight container, with parchment between each layer, for up to 10 days.
Excerpted from THE GOODFUL COOKBOOK. Copyright © 2019 by BuzzFeed, Inc. Excerpted by permission of Rodale, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.