photography by Lara Lyn Carter
When it comes to savory baking, I love to go for a comfort food that reminds me of my childhood. Forget peas and carrots and put a new spin on the classic with this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a large cast-iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the onion and mushrooms together in the olive oil over medium heat until they are tender.
- Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Stir in the cream cheese and broth with the onions and mushrooms until well blended. Stir in the chicken and herbs de Provence.
- Remove from the heat and pour the chicken mixture into the bottom of the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together with a whisk.
- Pour the topping over the chicken mixture and bake for 30 minute
Excerpted from Skinny Southern Baking: 65 Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free Southern Classics by Lara Lyn Carter. Photography © Lara Lyn Carter. Published by Familius LLC, 2020.
You may also like:
| Mar 1, 2021
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Mar 19, 2020
Use the Power of Positive Thinking to Improve Your Life
| Jul 26, 2021
Alternatives to Soda That Will Curb Your Craving
| Oct 8, 2021
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Trifle
| May 28, 2019
Small Changes That Can Make for a Happier Home
| Jun 8, 2021