Whole wheat dumplings are simmered with a farmer’s market worth of fresh summer vegetables and tender tasty roasted chicken. Hearty and healthy.
Ingredients for dumplings:
Ingredients for soup:
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a rubber spatula, fold in yogurt and milk until a rough dough ball forms.
- Scoop dough into small round dumplings and place on a lightly greased parchment lined sheet tray. Keep refrigerated until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Sauté garlic, onion, zucchini, green beans, corn and squash for 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, gently drop in dumplings. Cook for 6 minutes, flipping the dumplings half way through.
- Reduce heat to low and gently stir in tomatoes, chicken, salt and basil. Continue to cook for 10 minutes before serving.
Tip: All vegetables are welcome-add in any of your favorites for a deliciously customizable dish. Remove the chicken and substitute vegetable broth for a vegetarian version.
You may also like:
| Mar 16, 2020
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Aug 10, 2018
Exercising Before Breakfast: Fact or Myth?
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Jun 28, 2018
7 Common Cardio Mistakes
| Mar 19, 2020
Use the Power of Positive Thinking to Improve Your Life
| Apr 7, 2020
Ways to Stay Connected to Fight Off Loneliness
| Apr 20, 2020