They had this recipe in mind when the phrase ‘worth the wait’ was created. Developed for the ultimate foodie in all of us, this pastrami pork loin recipe is delicious. It’s brined for 5 days for optimal juiciness, and then coated in a peppery spice mix before being roasted.
Ingredients for the brine:
Ingredients for the spice mix:
- In a large soup pot, bring brine ingredients to a simmer over medium high heat. Once the salt and sugar has dissolved remove from the heat and cool.
- Submerge pork loin in the brine, cover and refrigerate for 5 days, flipping over every day.
- When ready to roast the pork loin, preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl stir together spice mix ingredients. Remove pork from brine and rinse with cold water.
- Place pork loin in a roasting pan and coat with spice mix. Cover pan with foil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the foil and increase oven temperature to 425°F. Return pan to the oven and roast for 12-15 minutes or until roast is golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips: Use the pastrami pork loin as you would regular pastrami—it’s perfect for reuben sandwiches or pastrami on rye with dijon mustard.
You may also like:
| Mar 16, 2020
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Aug 10, 2018
Exercising Before Breakfast: Fact or Myth?
| Jun 28, 2018
7 Common Cardio Mistakes
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Sep 21, 2018
Winter Warmers: Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
| Apr 7, 2020
Ways to Stay Connected to Fight Off Loneliness
| Mar 19, 2020