These really unique and tasty Mediterranean-themed burger patties are filled with cumin seasoned eggplant, sautéed with onions, garlic, white beans, and bell peppers, and formed with hummus and bread crumbs.
Makes 4 large patties or 8 small patties
Ingredients: For the burgers
Ingredients: For the spread
Ingredients: For the toppings
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté eggplant, onion, garlic, peppers, pine nuts, and white beans, covered, for 7–8 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and cumin.
- Place eggplant mixture in a food processor with hummus, and pulse until smooth (with a couple chunks).
- Scrape into a large bowl, and fold in bread crumbs.
- Form mixture into even patties, and set aside or refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Cook patties in a 400°F oven for 20–25 minutes or in stove top in a pan, lightly oiled, for 10 minutes (flipping half way through).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together spread ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top burger buns with cooked patties, spread, and toppings before serving.
Tips: Make the patties and put them in individual zipper bags for a quick pull, thaw, and cook meal. They’ll keep for 2–3 months in the freezer.
You may also like:
| Oct 11, 2020
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Mar 19, 2020
Use the Power of Positive Thinking to Improve Your Life
| May 26, 2020
Alternatives to Soda That Will Curb Your Craving
| Apr 20, 2020
Things to Keep in Mind While Working from Home
| Apr 7, 2020
Ways to Stay Connected to Fight Off Loneliness
| May 28, 2019