photography by Lara Lyn Carter
These ginger cookies are soft, delicious, and full of the spices we think of at Christmas. They also freeze great, so make an extra batch and save them for a rainy day.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients and break up any clumps in the flour or sugar with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Shape the cookies into circles and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
Excerpted from Skinny Southern Baking: 65 Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free Southern Classics by Lara Lyn Carter. Photography © Lara Lyn Carter. Published by Familius LLC, 2020.
You may also like:
| Mar 1, 2021
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Apr 16, 2021
Simple Ways to Improve Your Home’s Air Quality
| Nov 15, 2018
Pastrami Pork Loin
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Oct 8, 2021
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Trifle
| Jun 8, 2021
Colors That Can Bring a Sense of Calm to Your Space
| Mar 3, 2021