Traditional baklava gets a light touch by reducing the butter. Flaky phyllo dough is layered with cinnamon, pecans, and tahini soaked in vanilla honey.
Makes 24 or one large sheet
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss pecans with cinnamon. Brush melted butter on the bottom of a 13×9 inch casserole dish.
- Lay base phyllo dough 4 sheets thick and brush each layer with tahini paste. After the base, layer phyllo, brush with tahini and sprinkle with seasoned pecans. Repeat this step 8 times.
- For the final layers, lay phyllo dough 6 sheets thick and brush each layer with tahini paste. Brush the top phyllo sheet with remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until phyllo is golden brown.
- In a medium pot simmer water, sugar, vanilla and honey over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Immediately pour glaze over baklava. Let cool to room temperature and cover before cutting and serving.
You may also like:
| Mar 1, 2021
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Apr 16, 2021
Simple Ways to Improve Your Home’s Air Quality
| Nov 15, 2018
Pastrami Pork Loin
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Oct 8, 2021
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Trifle
| Jun 8, 2021
Colors That Can Bring a Sense of Calm to Your Space
| Mar 3, 2021