photography by Lara Lyn Carter
The ultimate in a homemade candy bar: sweet, salty, and chocolaty all in one!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Cream the butter, egg yolk, and coconut sugar together; mix well. Add the almond flour,coconut flour, and vanilla, beating until well mixed.
- Spread the mixture in the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread the chocolate chips over the hot crust. Once the chips are melted, sprinkle the pecans over the chocolate.
- Allow the bars to cool completely and harden before cutting.
Excerpted from Skinny Southern Baking: 65 Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free Southern Classics by Lara Lyn Carter. Photography © Lara Lyn Carter. Published by Familius LLC, 2020.
You may also like:
| Mar 1, 2021
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Apr 16, 2021
Simple Ways to Improve Your Home’s Air Quality
| Nov 15, 2018
Pastrami Pork Loin
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Oct 8, 2021
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Trifle
| Jun 8, 2021
Colors That Can Bring a Sense of Calm to Your Space
| Mar 3, 2021