This gluten-free sweet potato pie has a delicious chocolate cookie and sesame crust. It’s a delightful dessert option for your holiday table.
Ingredients for crust:
Ingredients for filling:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a food processor combine cookies, brown sugar, ginger, sesame seeds and salt. Blend until crumbly. Scrape ingredients into a bowl and mix with melted butter.
- Press crust mixture into a tart or pie pan and bake for 15 minutes. Let rest until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, whip together sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, coconut milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla until smooth.
- Scrape pie filling into pie pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Let rest for 30.
- Top pie with whipped topping and garnish with a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.
You may also like:
| Aug 10, 2018
Exercising Before Breakfast: Fact or Myth?
| Jun 28, 2018
7 Common Cardio Mistakes
| Sep 21, 2018
Winter Warmers: Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
| Aug 9, 2019
Salmon Cakes with Side Salad
| Sep 24, 2017
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Bowl
| May 24, 2018
Persian Herb and Leek Frittata
| Nov 15, 2018