There’s some science behind the family dinner, too. It’s said that families that eat dinner together are shown to have better relationships and to be happier overall. Children also perform better in school. And, children of families who eat together are less likely to fall victim to peer pressure to use drugs or alcohol.
Family dinners don’t just benefit the kids, though. Adults who eat dinner with their families report lower stress and better overall health. And, who doesn’t want that?
- To prep the chicken, cut off any fatty parts, and slice each breast lengthwise to create 3 or 4 thick strips. Place the strips in a bowl, lightly toss with 1 teaspoon salt, and put into the fridge.
- Cook the quinoa based on package directions. Drain well.
- Set out three shallow containers for dredging. Put the flour in one, lightly beat the eggs and mustard in one, and combine the quinoa and Parmesan in the third. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using tongs, dip each chicken strip into the flour, and then shake off the excess. Coat the chicken strips in the egg wash.
- Press the chicken into the quinoa-Parmesan mixture, making sure the strips are evenly coated. (Note: you may need to press hard to get the breading to stick.)
- Preheat your stove’s broiler, with a rack approximately 6 inches from the heat source.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, and put the sheet into the oven to get hot. Once the sheet is hot, carefully remove it from the oven and place the chicken strips on it.
- Broil the chicken strips until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip the strips over, and broil another 5 minutes or so, until they lose all pink color and the juices are clear.
You may also like:
| Mar 1, 2021
How to Work from Home the Right Way
| Mar 24, 2020
An At-Home Wellness Guide
| Mar 19, 2020
Use the Power of Positive Thinking to Improve Your Life
| May 26, 2020
Alternatives to Soda That Will Curb Your Craving
| Apr 20, 2020
Things to Keep in Mind While Working from Home
| May 28, 2019
Small Changes That Can Make for a Happier Home
| Apr 7, 2020